The system consists of precut mesh and soft-tissue fasteners. The fasteners are easily deployed through narrow spaces into soft tissues, and can support an average weight of 1.0 kg each (far more than required in a typical Pelvic Organ Prolapse repair procedure).
The system also includes an extraction device that allows intra-operative reversibility of fixation without causing damage to the tissue or the mesh.
The EndoFast Reliant™ system is a sterile, single-use system consisting of the following components:
- Operating handle and 5 Fixation Devices preloaded with the Spider Fastener
- The Spider Fastener is provided with a Fastener Retrieval Unit that enables facile retrieval of the deployed Fastener
- An Extraction Device, used with the Fastener Retrieval Unit to ensure facile retrieval of the deployed Fastener
- The mesh used with the system is a pre-cut Polypropylene monofilament Surgical Mesh
Combining today’s well-established mesh reinforcement techniques with the operative advantages of the EndoFast Reliant™ System will result in overall significant advantages over existing trocar-passing (blind) techniques for both patients and physicians:
- Minimally invasive technology and technique
- Lower trauma and short recovery time
- Stronger tissue attachment and better maintenance of anatomical correction
- Shorter procedure time
- Reversibility and flexibility
- Simpler and safer procedure
MRI Safety Information
Non-clinical testing has demonstrated the Spider Fastener is MR Conditional. A patient with this device can be scanned safely after placement under the following conditions:
- Static magnetic field of 3.0 Tesla or less.
- Spatial gradient field of 720-Gauss/cm (7.2 T/m) or less.
- Maximum MR System reported whole-body averaged specific absorption rate (SAR) of 4 W/kg (First Level Controlled Operating Mode).
- Do not bring the Fixation Device and Fixation Device Handle into the MRI environment. They have not been evaluated for safety in the MRI environment.
Under the scan conditions defined above, the Spider Fastener is expected to produce a maximum temperature rise of less than 2.7°C after 15 minutes of continuous scanning.
In phantom testing, the image artifact caused by the device extended approximately 10 mm from the Spider Fastener when imaged with a Gradient Echo scan sequence using a 3 Tesla MRI system.
Soft Tissue Fixation Solution for Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Single Incision, Trans vaginal, Trocar-less, Reversible Approach…
EndoFast Reliant™ VT Retractor
Specially Designed for Better Guidance to Anatomical Landmarks in the Pelvis
ENDOFAST RELIANT SYSTEM For Anterior/Posterior Prolapse correction
IFU Single Point Fixation
IFU VT Retractor
1-3 years follow up with EndoFast Reliant™ System – single incision attachment of vaginal mesh for pelvic organ prolapse repair
EndoFast Reliant™ System for Pelvic Organ Prolapse repair: Case Series of 110 Patients
NEW SINGLE-INCISION TROCAR-LESS SYSTEM FOR THE TREATMENT OF PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE: SHORT AND LONG TERM RESULTS OF FIRST 29 PATIENTS
Trocarless system for mesh attachment in pelvic organ prolapse repair—1-year evaluation
Endofast Reliant System™ – A Novel Technique for Organ Prolapse Repair – Initial Experience at The Cleveland Clinic, Ohio
EndoFast Reliant™ System vs. Tension- free Mesh in a Sheep Model; three arm Comparative Study Assessing the Mechanical Pullout Force of Mesh Over Time